Friday, November 15, 2013

No, your dad did not get down on one knee when he proposed.

"No, your dad did not get down on one knee when he proposed – because the romantic men know it’s about living your whole life on your knees . . . . And there is now and the beautiful boring, the way two lives touch and go deeper into time with each other. The clock ticking passionately into decades."
- Ann Voskamp

I recently ran across this in a posting on Facebook and I found to be simply outstanding. So, I decided to do something I have never before done. Instead of trying to recreate the sentiment in my own words I decided to link you to the real deal.

Maybe it is because it hits close to my own life experience  . . .  maybe just because it needs to be heard by all you who never experienced one of those choreographed marriage proposals that we see on Godvine.com, Facebook.com and Youtube.com and believe you have missed out on something. It is for all you whose proposal was not recorded on film; accompanied by a flash dance; or publically displayed at some romantic location but none-the-less abides forever in your heart as the moment something special began. I promise you that if you make the trip over to "A Holy Experience" will not be disappointed.  Thank you Ann Voskamp for sharing this. I hope you don't mind my passing it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment