Sunday, October 4, 2009

I recently was in conversation with an associate about the economy and he quipped, "Them that have do and them that have not, do not." In so doing he jolted my memory and I vaguely remember my father saying that to me when I wanted to do something that was going to cost a bit more than we could afford at the time. However, my dad did not stop with the quote above but added, "You happen to be one of those who 'have not and so you do not.'" I know what he meant by the phrase that day. I would like to hear your take on the: "Them that have do and them that have not, do not?"

1 comment:

  1. reminds of when I asked my dad about a car after graduating high school. He bought '55 Chevy, but told me if I wanted to drive it, I would have to buy gas,insurance,pay for repairs,etc. Guess where I took most of the time? Right! It stayed in the driveway most of time.My dad also said I needed to decide what I need as compared to what I what! I still try to remember that to this day when it comes to purchases.

    ReplyDelete